Wednesday, March 20, 2013

VIVA LAS VEGAS COUNTDOWN!!!! 7 DAYS TO VLV16


HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!!!!

Finally! Spring is here... could someone just tell that to whoever runs the weather here in NYC! PLEASE! On this beautiful first day of spring it is a frigid 38 degrees outside... sigh... I'll just keep waiting for it.

On a better, much brighter note... It's almost time to leave for VLV! This time next week Honey and I will be on a plane to Vegas! I've been checking the weather there and by the time we arrive it should be a perfect 76 degrees!! Ahhh!! A taste of warm weather to last me until it warms up here.

So packing has begun!!



I've been reading some bloggers VLV prep posts from years past to help with the process. I'm such a horrible packer. I either bring too much stuff or not enough. And regardless of how much I bring I seem to ALWAYS run out of luggage space. I don't want to take too much because I don't want to have to check more bags than needed (and end up paying out the wahzoo for it).

I also have a lot of mending and laundry to do so I'm guessing I'll do that today since it's my day off and I'm just sitting here waiting for my new crinoline to arrive. I can't sew a dress but having to sew ribbons on ballet shoes and holes in tights has made me a pretty handy mender! Thank goodness.

I want to download some good books for my Kindle Fire (yes, I use an e-reader... I know it's not very vintage of me but it's so much easier for me with my daily commuting. And that way I can carry multiple books all in one handy tablet). If you have any suggestions on what to read please let me know! I'm always interested in reading different things. My favorites of course are classics and things based on the past.

 I also need to get Gigi a groomer's appointment for the weekend so that he'll be ready for the puppy sitter. He'll be vacationing at a friend's house while we're away. I'm so sad to leave him. Such an over protective mommy! I can't help myself. He's our baby!

As you can see he's in desperate need of a haircut!



We have a few jive lessons to get in before we go! Honey and I both want to be able to dance the night away. I'm determined not to be a wall flower!!!


Well, I guess that's it for this post. I may do 1 or 2 more before the trip. I'll try to make them un-VLV related so you don't have to hear me ramble on.

If you have Instagram make sure you follow me! I'm going to try to post pics from my phone the whole time we are there. Kind of like a little VLV photo diary so that you can feel like you're there if you're not going!

Now get out and enjoy the official first day spring!!!!



xoxo

post signature

10 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I love how excited you are.

    I do love hearing about what people are going to pack and do on trips. It gives me a chance to see how things are through other people's perspective.

    Your dog is adorable. My husband feels guilty whenever we leave our cat Ridley alone for a couple of days. He does love our kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Leaving him is the worst!!!! I wonder how I'll be once I have kids! Probably worse!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG how cute is Gigi!!!

    I hope I run into you at VLV. Look for me and Incendiary Blonde on the dance floor!

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Sounds like you are going to have such a blast! I may have to consider going one day! And your baby is soooooo cute!!!! Look fwd to seeing all the outfits!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pup is just precious! I know how it feels to leave your animals behind when you travel, but at least you have good friends to watch over him.

    I can't believe it's already time to start packing. Like you, I don't want to have to pay for any more luggage than I will need, but you almost have to bring everything, don't you?! What if you're in the mood to rock an awesome outfit that you left behind? It's a tad bit stressful, but the payoff will be so worth it.

    Deborah
    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a blast at VLV, I look forward to seeing all of your pretty vintage VLV outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, and I'm enjoying it so much! Definitely looking forward to posts & pics of VLV!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...